Tuesday 20 December 2016

My Light

Baby girl,

I hope you find a love you don't have to question
He wasn't worth your smile
Your tears
Your dreams
Your fears
Nearly coming onto 2 years and he took your garden

Boo
That's not you
But I'm glad you came to your senses
Cos I'm glad to use the tenses like your past
It was fast
Though you wanted it to last
But your Father stepped in the way
Your Father saved the day
He's got plans so big for you
You can't even see
Yet he still knows me

It all happened real quick
How he turned you around
Picked you up from the ground and
Dusted you off
And at first I couldn't see it cos you looked like a goth
But I'm jealous
I want to be like you

Happy and free
I see the satisfaction on your face
The sun kissing your skin
The tropics made love to your melanin
Though I can't see what's deep within
I know you miss him
Regardless of the fact you weren't enough
Regardless of the fact you try to act tough
'I see the way that you look when you hear his name
I see his picture up in your frame
And you refuse to admit you still miss him but, it's okay'

Now I know how you feel.

Baby girl,

Don't let this crush you
You've done it before
It's not like you didn't know you'd have to close this door
I'll look up to you day and night
You're my symbol for the strength to fight
And when you're ready
In a year or two
Image result for my lightYou'll find the one who was made for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment